Sunday, May 10, 2009

And in the latest example of why you don’t want your husband to know your passwords...

What an adorable little girl!
I’ve hijacked Jodell’s blog. Hi. Yes, it’s Lance. But before you alert the proper authorities, you must understand that my intentions are honorable. Now I get to shout everything that I’d like to shout from the rooftops into, well... cyberspace. :)

And she just gets better with ageOn this Mother’s Day, I'd like to tell all of her friends, family, and blog readers not only what a terrific mother she is, but also what a wonderful person her husband knows her to be. I am so truly blessed to have Jodell in my life. Of course there’s the obvious... that she makes up for so many of my weaknesses and shortcomings that I have NO CLUE where I’d be without her (and I shudder to imagine). But honestly—much like appreciating God’s gift of a beautiful sunrise—the real joy is quite simply in the proximity. That I’m the lucky one who’s allowed to watch daily, as this marvelous creature goes around being… herself.

I can't believe these are MY women!Of course I’ve never felt able to truly express this particular sentiment to her, so it shouldn’t shock if I’ve failed to articulate it here either. But I’m sure that each of you have your own reasons to love her. So whether you’ve been on the receiving end of her heartfelt compassion and thoughtfulness, or share in her friendship and general likeability, or appreciate her endless talent and beauty; you’ve caught a small glimpse of what I (and our children) get to enjoy every day of our lives.

So you can understand completely that I don't intend a hint of narcissism or greedy self-centeredness when I say, “Happy Mother’s Day... to me.”

p.s. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you as well (and to my lovely loving wife who’ll still most likely kill me when she finds out what I’ve done).

5 comments:

Maria Babin said...

how sweet!!! i lOve this! yes, lance is right jodell is a pretty wonderful person, the incarnation of goodness and sweetness. i sure miss this sweet friend of mine!

Katidid said...

I Agree with everything you husband said about you. Hope you had a great day! :)

Kimberly Wright said...

All I have to say is DIDO! Jodell you are fabulous and I am so lucky to have you as my friend. I am hoping that Rob learns a little something from Lance....when are they going to start carpooling!? Geez. jk Rob is great don't get me wrong but I haven't had him serenade me like that! Anyway you are great and everyone knows it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I couldn't of said that better myself. You are everything that Lance said on here and more:)

-Trask and Brooke

Jaime said...

How sweet! Lance, you are great for doing this! Jodell, you are a great friend and i'm glad we have gotten to know each other.